Hopefully you have been able to follow our progress over the past year and if not, take a few minutes to look through the pictures and re-live the process. I would like to say a special thank you to those who have given financially. Yabus has already changed as EVERY day people bring their produce to market, children go to school, and the clinic sees patients from both sides of the river because of this bridge. Thank you.
-Eli Fader

Monday, June 22, 2009

Deck Work Begun




After a year of anticipating wood decking over the Yabus river, it finally has become a reality. We laid about 20 feet of wood decking today and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to another full day of laying decking tomorrow. We are getting a crowd of people now when we work. For a long time they have been asking me what the bridge will look like. I have tried to explain but it never really comes across clearly. The big concern I always hear is that they are afraid of falling off the bridge. I will try my best to keep that from happening. As you can see the boards are pressed tightly together to make it as safe as possible.

No comments: